So – there’s a group going for a hike up Mount Benson tomorrow: my least favourite hike: it’s a grind both up and down and that’s about it. Good leg stretcher, however.
And if it’s really going to rain tomorrow, it’s only 4 – 5 hours up and down and I can get home and dry out. So that’s the plus side.
On the other hand, if it’s not going to rain heavily all day (maybe just a shower or two) I would like to stick to plan A, which is hiking up Mount Becher from Slingshot Meadows and back down the front side. That’s an all day hike through beautiful country. It’s Strathcona after all. The down side is that I’ll likely be hiking alone and it’s not an easy trail to find.
However, I will have Abby with me and I’m used to going it alone.
So – I have some decisions to make. And I’m pretty sure I should make the decision before tomorrow morning. If it’s Becher, then I have to leave at 7 a.m.
I am leaning toward Becher.
Meanwhile, the work day is pretty much done – a few details to complete. And three days of freedom loom in front of me.
Feeling pretty good.